Job Descriptions: External
Schedule: M-F 8am – 5pm PST (Some holidays coverages)
Location: Remote (Must have CA license)
Sign on bonus: $1,500
Behav Hlth/EAP Consultant II:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides telephonic assessment and referral for a group of Employee Assistance Program (EAP) accounts for employees and eligible dependents and household members.
- Provides telephone support for crisis intervention, assessment, short-term problem resolution and referral to appropriate providers and levels of care.
- Assesses members and assists in accessing behavioral healthcare benefits available under their health plan (if appropriate).
- Applies specialized knowledge in substance abuse, domestic abuse, grief counseling and workplace problems using a solution-focused approach.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 Behavioral Health and Employee Assistance services to up to approximately 10 million lives. As a Behav Hlth/EAP Consultant II, the successful candidate will also be responsible for assessing individuals in crisis as part of our backup to our Crisis Team. During these calls, the Behav Hlth/EAP Consultant II will be responsible for assessing the individual, including areas of suicidal/homicidal behaviors, substance use, and intimate partner violence. The Behav Hlth/EAP Consultant II will provide in the moment support, de-escalation of the crisis, and seek to provide a safe intervention for the individual.
Behav Hlth/EAP Consultant II:
- Requires minimum of 5 years of direct psychiatric and/or substance abuse experience and prior managed care experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted California license such as (but not limited to) LPC (as allowed by applicable state laws), LCSW, LMFT, in applicable state(s) required. Can work remote from any state.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.