Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Elevance Health is seeking a Senior Director, Technology as an Identity Management leader to oversee a large team of engineers to build forward thinking Identity Management solutions for B2E, B2B and B2C areas to meet the business and security needs. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase transformational leadership to redesign and rebuild Identity systems top to bottom. An ideal candidate would be a visionary IAM leader who can dream big and successfully execute a large scale IAM transformation initiative by developing architectures, patterns and strategies for the identity and data protection space for both on premise and public cloud environments in partnership with IAM architecture team. Strong executive presence and positive influential leadership skills are highly desired. Demonstrated successful engineering and leadership experience managing big teams is also essential to ensure that architectures developed are successfully implemented while factoring in ease of integration, operational overhead and user experience. This role reports to the Staff Vice President of Identity and Access Management in the office of CISO.
How you will make an impact:
- Use industry standard security and identity architecture frameworks to reimagine and rebuild identity management system for B2E, B2B and B2C users.
- As a control owner, ensure Logical Access and related audit controls are implemented, executed and properly evidenced to HIPAA, HITRUST, SOX, and SOC audit standards.
- Transform the existing large team into self-organized and efficient product team by establishing an Agile product structure to deliver key capabilities for next generation Identity solution while executing the current Identity integrations.
- As a leader of Enterprise Identity solution, engage with global partners to establish coherent, consistent and codified architectural governance and standards. Focus on improving the impact, transparency and quality of Elevance Health's IAM initiatives.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of information, identity, access, cyber security, and technology risk concepts, with a strong ability to articulate those risks in business terms.
- Effectively manage and reimagine the People, Process, Technology and Budget while driving a large scale, high visibility IAM transformation initiative.
- Support Elevance Health’s adoption of cloud continuum and holistic digital transformation.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years of IT management experience, experience in function/area being managed, experience managing multiple tasks and projects; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Experience, expertise and/or specific certification may be required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- 15+ years of experience as an information security architect and engineer in a global enterprise with 5+ years leading the practice.
- Demonstrated engineering or architecture leadership overseeing a large team.
- Prior large scale IAM implementation/ integration experience including user provisioning, identity governance & administration, single sign on, federation, multi-factor authentication and privileged access management.
- In-depth technical knowledge and hands-on experience with a broad spectrum of IAM technologies.
- Ability to collaborate with both technical and business personnel.
- Strong experience in key management in classic architectures as well as cloud technologies.
- Effective executive communication skills, including facilitation, consultation, negotiation and persuasion.
- Health Insurance, Financial Services, or experience in highly regulated industries is preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.