Senior SQL/ Tableau Developer
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). The Ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
Preferred Location: Norfolk, VA.
The Senior SQL/ Tableau Developer is responsible for developing and executing more complex data mining analyses
How you will make an impact:
- Determines how decision support systems will provide the data required to make effective business decisions.
- Performs modeling of information sources and flows.
- Writing T-SQL queries and utilizing visualization/reporting tools Tableau & SSRS required for financial business processes
- May coordinate the activities of a project team and monitors project schedules and costs for own projects.
- Develops strategic report applications from the Data Warehouse. Establishes and maintains excellent knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, programming languages, and data integrity issues.
- Develops and supports complex data warehouse-related applications for business areas requiring design and implementation of database tables.
- The majority of time will be spent programming.
- Conducts training on use of applications developed
- Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience in SQL, SSIS, Tableau, Informatica & SSIS ; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Experience with programs and writing high complexity SQL & Oracle queries to builds reports on Tableau and SSRS preferred.
- ETL experience with SSIS/Informatica preferred.
- Experiences with the following technologies: Advanced MS Excel ,T-SQL, SSRS,SSIS, Informatica, Tableau, Bit Bucket, JIRA, Confluence, Agile along with technical abilities to drive team’s modernizations / automations preferred.
- PC, spreadsheet, and database skills strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.