IT Security Configuration Management Advisor
Location: Indianapolis, IN, Atlanta, GA, Richmond, VA, or Cincinnati, OH (preferred). This position will work in a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
The IT Security Configuration Management Advisor maintains enterprise information security policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures, and other elements of infrastructure necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls. This role will act as lead strategist and technical subject matter expert within the Secure Configuration Assessment program supporting on-premise and cloud technologies. Ensures security solutions involving the use of technologies are well-conceived, designed, and implemented in compliance with enterprise standards. This role will also include maturing the design and implementation of the Secure Configuration Assessment program.
How you will make an impact:
- Provides first-level engineering design functions.
- Provides trouble resolution and serves as the point of technical escalation on complex problems.
- Leads or plans implementations for access management and network security technologies.
- Development of technical security controls and secure configuration baselines for all technologies on-premise and in the cloud based on industry best practices for security benchmarks such as CIS.
- Leads investigation and develops audit reports and metrics to assist misconfiguration owners in remediation efforts.
- Implement secure configuration baselines in the supported detection tools such as Qualys, Guardium, and Prisma.
- Build and configure tool integrations for ServiceNow to import detected misconfigurations into the ServiceNow Configuration Compliance module.
- Provides system and network architecture support and Monitors the data quality of misconfigurations with ServiceNow Configuration Compliance and ensures proper assignment.
- Provides technical support to business and technology associates in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate information security procedures, standards, and technologies.
- Maintains security incident response plans; facilitates a review of existing published secure configuration baselines with technology owners at least yearly.
- Represents major upgrades and supports the strategic development of secure configuration assessment capability including process design, requirements definition, and organizational change management.
- Partner with infrastructure teams to validate that technical controls are properly configured and detections are reporting as expected.
- Promote process improvement through the identification of areas of inefficiency and ineffectiveness throughout the Vulnerability Management and Secure Configuration Program.
- Designs & engineers repetitive technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards.
- Develops support procedures and performance metrics reports.
- Leads level 1 & 2 incident recoveries and may organize the efforts of other analysts as part of incident recovery; leads root cause analysis efforts.
Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 4 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets:
Access Control, Application Security, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning, Cryptography, Information Security and Risk Management, Legal / Regulations, Compliance & Investigations, Operations Security, Physical (Environmental) Security, Security Architecture & Design, Telecommunications & Network Security
- Requires BS/BA degree in Information Technology or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in systems support, system administration, system engineering, system security, access management, network security, network communications, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management, hardware, software, and/or data;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires experience in planning and designing highly complex systems.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Experience with multiple technical and business disciplines is strongly preferred.
- Security Certifications: CISSP or other technical security certifications (e.g. Systems Security Certified Practitioner, Certification and Accreditation Professional) strongly preferred.
- Experience working with one or more vulnerability management and configuration assessment tools such as Prisma, Azure Defender, Qualys, Guardium, Tanium, and Splunk to identify, prioritize, and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Experience working with multiple Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) including AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Knowledge of secure configuration assessment principles and best practices to identify and remediate configuration issues across a variety of technologies.
- An understanding of system administration and network infrastructure concepts, protocols, and technologies.
- Knowledge of relevant compliance standards such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, and NIST, and experience applying these standards to secure cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams, including technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools such as ServiceNow.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow SecOps modules such as Vulnerability Response, Configuration Compliance , etc.
- Knowledge of data analytics and visualization tools such as Splunk, ELK, Snowflake, or Tableau to identify trends and anomalies in vulnerability data and present results to stakeholders.
- Knowledge of software development practices, including software development lifecycle (SDLC) models, DevOps methodologies, and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift ).
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.