Advanced Analytics Analyst Senior - Clinical Programs
Location: Miami, FL, Atlanta, GA, West Des Moines, IA, Indianapolis, IN, Louisville, KY, St. Louis, MO, Cary, NC, Cincinnati, OH, Houston, TX, or Richmond, VA, (preferred). Alternate locations may be considered. This position will work in a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
The Advanced Analytics Analyst Senior creates statistical models to predict, classify, quantify, and/or forecast business metrics. Design modeling studies to address specific business issues determined by consultation with business partners.
How you will make an impact:
- Prepares analytical data sets in support of modeling studies. Build, test, and validate statistical models.
- Publishes results and addresses constraints/limitations with high-level business partners.
- Proactively collaborates with business partners to determine identified population segments.
- Develop actionable plans to enable the identification of patterns related to quality, use, cost, and other variables.
Requires MS, MA, or Ph.D. with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, cognitive science, economics, or operations research, a minimum of 3 years of direct experience programming large, multi-source datasets with SAS required, and a minimum of 3 years in a health care setting; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- PhD preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced expertise with software such as SAS Stat, SAS ETS, SAS Enterprise Miner , or equivalents strongly preferred.
- Experience with Teradata, SQL, SQL Server, or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to design modeling studies and experience with data models, addressing data quality issues in study design, and constructing robust and efficient analytical data sets strongly preferred.
- Significant analytical experience in a healthcare-related field strongly preferred.
- The ability to present meaningful results to a business audience, to participate collaboratively in a team tasked to produce complex analyses on a rigorous schedule, to communicate with strong written and verbal communication skills, and to present to large multi-disciplinary audiences regularly strongly preferred.
- Experience performing clinical program evaluation strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.