Security Analyst III – Technical Writer
Location: Indianapolis, IN (preferred). Alternate locations may be considered. This position will work in a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
The Security Analyst III – Technical Writer is responsible for supporting and executing content development projects for the enterprise, across all lines of business and functions, in accordance with professional and departmental standards. The Security Analyst III – Technical Writer proactively works with the assessed teams to create documentation that addresses user needs and use cases, communicates complex technical topics and operational procedures, and allows efficient and effective responses to evidence inquiries.
How you will make an impact:
- Coordinates and prepares reporting of data security events and incidents.
- Work with information security and/or IT personnel to create and maintain documentation for Elevance Health's security departments across the Enterprise.
- Proactively work with teams to produce or incorporate ready-made packages of Information security operational documentation and evidence.
- Review, edit, organize, and standardize complex information security-related technical text and diagrams for accuracy, clarity, and completeness, including improvements in grammar, style, and format.
- Develop and provide support for professional and user-friendly templates and forms that increase efficiency, consistency, and corporate identity.
- Provide effective content management approach to document delivery and accessibility for reference, training, and audit and compliance needs using SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Confluence, and other Enterprise systems.
- Manage multiple complex projects in the Information Security team simultaneously.
- Develop schedules and milestones to ensure timely completion of project deadlines, including identification of scope changes, critical path items, dependencies, audit requirements, and others.
- Effectively manage scope and management expectations on individual assignments to ensure that work products meet objectives, maintain focus, and are successfully and promptly delivered.
- Build confidence and trust for stakeholders.
- Ability to partner with colleagues, managers, and directors on department-wide and system-wide projects.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field of study.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a support and operations or design and engineering role;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Technical security certifications (e.g. Systems Security Certified Practitioner) strongly preferred.
- 2 - 5 years in a technical writing, editing, or academic role; Experience designing, developing, or editing technical documents.
- Impeccable written English skills and an enthusiasm for technology-related subject matter.
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of information security technologies, concepts, and nomenclature.
- Understanding of auditing concepts and principles
- Strong time management and project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage deadlines and competing priorities.
- Displays effective analytical skills—sees the “big picture” for all project assignments.
- Ability to establish and follow style and usage guidelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office productivity applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Serve as content management administrator for SharePoint and other content library systems.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow
- Understanding of GRC Concepts and applications
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.