Locations: St. Louis, MO; Denver, CO; Wallingford, CT; Indianapolis, IN; Mason, OH; Atlanta, GA; Louisville, KY; Waukesha, WI; Richmond, VA; Norfolk, VA
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process.
The Actuarial Analyst will be responsible for the development and ongoing support of complex actuarial studies, models and reporting. This includes but is not limited to analyzing and validating statistical data and providing insights to stakeholders. The Actuarial Analyst in this role will be a part of the Commercial Pricing Financial Strategy Business Division and work within a complex, collaborative environment.
How You Will Make an Impact
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Under limited supervision, apply the appropriate actuarial analytical tools to the data and perform preliminary actuarial and statistical analysis.
- Update and enhance actuarial pricing and forecasting models, tools and reports as directed.
- Collect and refine appropriate data for actuarial analysis and ensures its reasonableness and accuracy by coordination within the division, in addition to identifying and resolving errors.
- Utilize business visualization tools and techniques in order to interpret complex data sets and improve decision-making processes.
- Suggest creative methods to enhance the effectiveness of processes and procedures.
Requires a BA/BS degree and to have passed a minimum of one Society of Actuaries (SOA) or Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) actuarial exam; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership ability, as evidenced in extracurricular activities.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communications.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Visual Basic, and Word).
- Prior experience in corporate environment and/or insurance industry internship.
- SQL, SAS, R, Python or other coding experience is desirable .
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $59,840.00 to $107,712.00
Locations: California; Colorado; Hawaii; Nevada; New York; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.