Locations: Positions available in the following locations- Bridgeport/Greenwich /Samford/Norwalk/Hartford/Manchester
The Intensive Care Coordination (ICC) Community Transition Specialist provides individual and family support to ensure members are connected to community services, resources and the necessary care coordination. Also responsible for promoting clear communication among a care team and treating clinicians to support the members and families. Coordinates member-specific care plans within the network of care. Works collaboratively with ICC staff, families, consumers, Community Collaborative members, stakeholders and providers to assure the appropriate services are available to designated members. The goal of the Intensive Care Coordinator is to achieve the greatest possible independence and quality of life by assessing individual needs and facilitating access to appropriate community services and supports.
The Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that appropriate member treatment plans are followed on less complex cases and for proactively identifying ways to improve the health of our members and meet quality goals.
How you will make an impact:
- Coordinates follow-up care plan needs for members by scheduling appointments or enrolling members in programs. (Develops and maintains the family’s plan while maintaining fidelity to the program model in all activities.)
- Assesses member compliance with medical treatment plans via telephone or through on-site visits.
- Identifies barriers to plan compliance and coordinates resolutions.
- Identifies opportunities that impact quality goals and recommends process improvements.
- Recommends treatment plan modifications and determines need for additional services, in conjunction with case management and provider.
- Coordinates identification of and referral to local, state or federally funded programs.
- Coaches members on ways to reduce health risks.
- Prepares reports to document case and compliance updates.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with agencies identified in appropriate contract.
- Assists the family in accessing programs/services to address their needs, including but not limited to: mental health, substance use, domestic violence/intimate partner violence, basic needs, and parenting.
Participate in training of state-of-the art wraparound and care planning techniques in managing service delivery through the use of objective, standardized outcome measures.
Maintain fidelity to the Wraparound model in all activities.
- Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 1 year related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- BS/BA degree in a related field preferred.
- Bilingual-Spanish candidates highly preferred.
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
- Reliable Transportation (May include up to 80% travel)
- EHR (Electronic Health Records) experience preferred.
- Flexibility when working with families. Working hours may be outside the normal business hours based on family’s needs.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.