Location: Within 50 miles of a Pulse Point Office with preference to Chicago, IL.
The Enterprise Data Analytics team is seeking a Staff VP Interoperability Solutions focused on Clinical Data to drive end-to-end interoperability product development and operational execution in conjunction with business stakeholders and external vendors while collaborating with internal partners.
This position will oversee technical product functions along with provider connectivity strategy and implementation to ensure that stakeholders receive clinical data required for key enterprise initiatives.
The candidate will have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and be able to be highly productive in a dynamic, matrixed environment. This position offers broad exposure to all aspects of the company's business, as well as significant interaction with all the business leaders and stakeholders.
Primary Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the delivery of innovative and sustainable IT solutions that drive business execution for an assigned business unit.
- The fundamental objective of this role is to ensure successful enablement of high-quality IT solutions that meet the current and strategic needs of the organization.
- Functions as an IT corporate senior business relationship leader to the business unit to ensure business objectives are aligned and measures are obtained with higher customer satisfaction and IT execution.
- Liaison with the key business unit leaders and stakeholders to enable operational excellence.
- Member of the business unit management committee to help influence the direction of technology needs.
- Lead day-to-day product management activities including identification and recommend solutions to solve complex business IT problems.
- Identify and recommend solutions to solve complex business IT problems.
- Develop and maintain a multi-year roadmap of business unit technology platforms and products that leverage clinical data to enable downstream use cases across the enterprise.
- Lead end to end technology solutions while overseeing implementation of provider connection implementations to ensure that Elevance Health is in front of the business needs.
- Primary point of contact for the triage, management, and resolution of all business unit operational and/or data issues that have technology dependencies to ensure performance measures are met and immediate course correction are made.
- Partner with IT executives to deliver high quality technology solutions and develops a connectivity strategy to deliver clinical data required to key business leaders within budget.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- A robust understanding of Elevance Health and Carelon Business Units
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible related to Interoperability, Vendor Management, and Healthcare Payer Strategy.
- Comprehensive understanding of interoperability mandates, clinical data, and product execution.
- Experience with Healthcare data systems such as EPIC and Athena highly preferred.
- Experience working with either an EMR, HIE or Aggregator in the past.
- Experienced with managing and developing direct and indirect reports.
- Requires a BA/BS degree preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field of study; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in healthcare information technology, clinical and care management operations
- Strong technical product acumen, with a demonstrated history of helping bring technical products to market.
- Demonstrated ability to tailor communications to all levels of the organization.
- Strong experience building and maintaining relationships with large hospitals/provider systems and strategic vendor partnerships.
Title in System: Staff VP Sr. Client Technical Executive
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.