Community Health Worker
Location : The ideal candidate must live within 50 miles of St. Louis, MO.
The Community Health Worker is responsible for serving as a liaison/connector between the patient, care team, and the community. Helps to bridge conversations with patients and remove barriers that prevent them from accessing health and social services. Conducts telephonic and/or face-to-face outreach to a panel of patients for appointment scheduling, needs assessment, and care gap closure.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Meets patient in clinic, facility or at home to help identify social determinants of health impacting patient’s health and general well-being.
- Collaborates with a social worker and/or care manager to develop an action plan.
- Develops trusting relationships with patients by providing support and advocacy to help achieve health goals.
- Assists patients in accessing health-related services and community resources, such as accompaniment to specialist appointments and assistance with enrollment forms.
- Facilitates communication between all parties (patients, families, colleagues, and community-based organizations) as needed.
- Documents interactions with patients and on behalf of patients in medical records.
- Attends meetings as required. Travels to the worksite and other locations as necessary.
********************Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm CT*****************
- Requires a High School diploma or GED.
- Experience utilizing electronic medical records.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a healthcare, community-based, or social work environment; or any combination of education and experience that would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Bilingual is strongly preferred.
- Certified Community Health Workers are strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.