A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Behavioral Health, formerly Beacon Health Options, offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
Responsible for developing project plans and leading small projects to completion.
How will you make an impact:
- Communicates progress, issues, and barriers, to internal and external customers.
- Manages contracts with outside vendors.
- Conducts periodic status meetings.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and coordinating new initiatives to meet service gaps, and identify areas of strengths and opportunities for improvement, including with the planning and implementation of trainings and forums.
- Conducts root cause analysis of processes and issues, identifies, and makes recommendations for improvements, and develops documentation.
- Researches, compiles, extrapolates, and validates data used to forecast staffing needs and workflows, and/or resolve quality and other operational issues.
- Assists in managing project scope to ensure business needs are met and the project scope as defined in the project charter is delivered, identifying, documenting, and raising requests for changes from original specifications.
- Communicate plans, status, and issues within the team, group, or project, including both IT and business members and management.
- Understands project management methodology, tools & processes and able to apply to small projects.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and specified by supervisor in line with Department and company needs.
**Candidate must reside in the Boston, Massachusetts area**
**This position is a hybrid role (1-2 days a week)**
**Monday- Friday 8 am - 5 pm EST**
- Requires a BA/BS in a related field and minimum of 3 years’ experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Basic understanding of project management methodology, tools & processes and able to apply to small projects is strongly preferred.
- Impeccable writing, presentation, and technical skills strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of recovery principals is a must.
- Bilingual (Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Haitian/Creole, etc. strongly preferred).
- Experience working with health equities is strongly preferred.
Note: If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.