CareMore is a proud member of the Elevance Health family of brands, offering clinical programs and primary care. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery.
*$5,000 Sign On Bonus*
This is a field position and will cover assisted living, boarding care, and skilled nursing facilities located in the Long Beach, Torrance, Downey, Rancho Palos Verde, and Whittier areas. You must be able to travel within your assigned territory daily, 4 days in the field and 1 administrative day.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST.
The Field Nurse Practitioner is responsible for managing patient care and treatment (in person, telephonically and/or video) in collaboration with the physician.
How will you make an impact:
- Conducts daily visits with patients/members that reside in nursing homes, boarding care facilities and assisting living facilities.
- Performs health assessments and preventative health measures within prescribed guidelines and physician instructions.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Discusses case with physician.
- Formulates and documents care plan.
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment.
- Participates in a rotating On-Call program, which may include after-hours, weekend and holiday calls and visitations.
- Requires an MS in Nursing and minimum of 1 year of related experience with clinical emphasis for nurse practitioner; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted RN license and NP license in the state of California is required.
- Prescribing or furnishing authority/DEA licensure in good standing
- For CareMore business units, satisfactory completion of a Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Experience in communications about advance directives, hospice and palliative care.
- Experience in electronic medical charting/documentation.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $118,404 to $177,606
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.