The Provider Relationship Account Cons is responsible for providing quality, accessible and comprehensive service to the company's provider community. Develops and maintains positive provider relationships with provider community via a mixture of email, telephonic and/or face-to-face outreach, by communicating administrative and programmatic changes, facilitating provider education and the resolution of provider issues.
- Collaborates with internal matrix partners to triage issues and submit work requests.
- Generally assigned to a portfolio of providers within a defined cohort.
- Researches, analyzes, and coordinates prompt resolution to provider issues and appeals through direct contact with providers and internal matrixed partners.
- Coordinates communication process on such issues as administrative and medical policy, reimbursement, and provider utilization patterns.
- Conducts routine outreach to support the understanding of managed care policies and procedures, as well as outreach on a variety of initiatives and programs.
- Coordinates and conducts provider training including developing and distributing provider relations materials.
- May assist with Annual Provider Satisfaction Surveys, required corrective action plan implementation and monitoring education and non-routine claim issues.
- May coordinate Provider Manual updates/maintenance.
- Identifies and reports on provider utilization patterns which have a direct impact on the quality-of-service delivery.
- Research issues that may impact future provider contract negotiations or jeopardize network retention.
- a bachelor’s degree; a minimum of 2 years of customer service experience including 1 year of experience in a healthcare or provider environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Travels to worksite and other locations as necessary.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.