Technical Project Manager
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). The Ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
Preferred Location: Indianapolis, IN
The Technical Project Manager works with business partners to identify and implement multiple technical projects of varying sizes, as defined by Company methodology, such as broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development, building enterprise applications or data warehouse planning and development.
How you will make an impact:
- Manages projects at least $1M in size or equal complexity.
- Directs system analysts, software designers and programmers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives.
- Works with moderate guidance and is responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems.
- Operates within defined parameters using project management methodology.
- Manages the development of a prescribed planning document; develops project charter
- Partners with sponsors to secure project approval
- Develops communication management plan; defines project team roles and responsibilities
- Develops work plan structure and project schedule
- Develops deployment plan; leads project meetings
- Identifies, documents and prioritizes scope changes and facilitates approval process
- Maintains and updates all project documents
- Secures the appropriate skill sets for project
- Sets and manages expectations with resource managers and team members
- Provides performance feedback to team members and resource managers
- Maintains issue log
- Facilitates resolution of issues; executes communication plans; regularly reports status of reports
- Manages and monitors ROI throughout the project lifecycle
- Tracks and manages time and budget against plan
- Develops testing strategy
- Conduct project close-out activities; prepares and participates in quality review checkpoints
- Obtain/secure and archive necessary approvals; manage and update project plan
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Work with multiple scrum teams on FEPOC quarterly release requirements and other FEPOC mandated projects.
- Leads discovery project initiatives and create documentation that can be used for Stakeholder and Steering Committee approvals.
- Work with enterprise teams to ensure the dependencies are properly documented and tracked.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years project management experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development with 2 years spent working in a lead role on one or more projects; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Requires experience working with project management tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) strongly preferred.
- Experience working with portfolio management applications and Rational tools strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.