FHPS Field Service Account Consultant I
At Federal Health Products and Services - FHPS , a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Location : Indianapolis, IN - In this FIELD category role, associates will spend 4-5 days per week in-person with members. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of our Indianapolis, IN Elevance Health PulsePoint location.
Pay Structure : Base Salary + Annual Sales Incentive Plan (eligible for up to 50% of base salary)
The FHPS Field Service Account Consultant I is responsible for is responsible for facilitating sales, enrollment, retention and territory management and servicing of federal agencies within assigned territory.
How you will make an impact:
- Manages assigned accounts providing superior quality of services related to sale, enrollment and other consultative services.
- Conducts Open Enrollment presentations and manages the Open Enrollment process while actively influencing federal employees to enroll in our products.
- Produces a comprehensive annual business and territory plan to outline year-round and Open Season activities that promote year-round and Open Season enrollment growth.
- Provides information to current and potential enrollees to highlight and explain benefit enhancements and/or changes.
- Develops effective and long-lasting relationships with federal agencies in an effort to retain and increase growth opportunity.
- Responds to inquiries from members and HR staff within the various federal agencies.
- Remains informed of the various FEHB competitor products and participate and attend various training programs to enhance selling and servicing abilities.
- Employs consultative sales skills to influence the decision-making process.
- Responsible for Open Season logistics including scheduling of health fairs & temporary staff, coordinating the delivery, set up of materials, and ordering inventory to support events.
- Daily travel in designated territory with up to 15% overnight travel.
- Requires an AA/AS/BA/BS in Sales/Marketing or experience in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of sales/service experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Health and Life sales license is required to be obtained and appointed within 90 days of hire.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Healthcare benefit industry preferred.
- Prior experience in field sales role preferred.
- Individuals who are self-starters, forward thinking and have strong planning and organizational skills highly preferred.
- Ability to lift boxes/materials up to 30 lbs. is highly preferred.
- Reliable transportation is highly preferred in order to conduct in-person visits within the assigned territory.
- Experience utilizing Salesforce CRM system and MS Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook) highly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.