Executive Advisor - Cloud Cyber Defense
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health Pulse Point locations.
The Executive Advisor - Cloud Cyber Defense supports building the architecture, strategy, and implementation of processes and capabilities for managing threats across a multi-cloud environment.
How You Will Make An Impact:
- Develop SIEM and Use Case Logic (Detection Engineering) for Cloud-centric threat models.
- Conduct threat-hunting exercises using industry best practices.
- Produce metrics and reporting for the work delivered conducting threats.
- Contribute to and support internal training and awareness campaigns.
- Maintain and develop documentation to support use case detection engineering.
- Support CSOC development of response playbooks from security alerting and insights on Cloud platforms.
- Document standard practices for metrics collection and reporting
- Assist with scoping and implementation of auto-remediation efforts for cloud configuration issues.
- Support audit and compliance objectives and assist with cloud incident response.
- Innovate beyond open source and vendor solutions to build products that defend core systems against attackers.
- Identify the impact of incidents on systems, and using available tools, determine if data was exfiltrated.
- Document and maintain a knowledge base of alarms (false positives and false negatives, indicators of compromise, tactics, techniques, and procedures) that detection systems encounter.
- Serve as work area expert for security/information assurance policy recommendations.
- Build relationships with business units to strengthen security posture throughout the organization.
- Mentor and guide junior analysts, and threat hunters.
- Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 6 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets: 1) Access Control, 2) Application Security, 3) Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning, 4) Cryptography, 5) Information Security and Risk Management 6) Legal, Regulations, 7) Compliance and Investigations, 8) Operations Security, 9) Physical (Environmental) Security, 10) Security Architecture and Design, 11) Telecommunications and Network Security.
Requires BS/BA in Information Technology or related field of study and a minimum of 10 years experience in systems administration and security aspects of information systems, access management and network security technologies, network communications, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management, hardware, software, data, and people; experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities & Experiences:
- Broad-based experience in planning and designing highly complex systems is strongly preferred.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of industry-accepted data processing controls and concepts strongly preferred as applied to Security Certifications: CISSP preferred and other advanced technical security certifications (e.g. Information Systems Security Architecture Professional, Information Systems Security Engineering Professional, Certification and Accreditation or equivalent certifications).
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $139,520 to $251,136.
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.