Health Information Consultant Senior
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). The Ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
Preferred Location: Norfolk, VA.
The Health Information Consultant Senior . is responsible for identifying opportunities to improve health care affordability through analysis of data and transforming business intelligence into action plans. Provides strategic recommendations for improving health care affordability to executives and professional clients.
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborates with the data warehouse analysts in establishing business rules and monitoring adherence.
- Provides business expertise regarding the appropriate use of data elements and cooperates with reporting personnel from other areas to establish and maintain these common business rules.
- Translates data trends into strategic recommendations for program development and action plans.
- Tracks and prioritizes projects through coordination and negotiation with internal and external clients to improve the efficiency of information/project plan generation.
- Evaluates and triages potential projects and studies based on the value, cost benefit analysis and the urgency of the request.
- Performs strategic data analysis (data mining) and research as appropriate to support business needs (e.g., disease management, provider profiling, etc.).
- Develops detailed understanding of relevant business processes, goals and strategy in order to provide analysis and interpretation.
- Develops and communicates action plans to address areas for improvement identified through data analysis and business expertise.
- Assists in planning initiatives to address areas for improvement.
- Collaborates with business user to define media, frequency, and audience for distribution of information.
- Mentors (formally and informally) less experienced associates and identifies training needs and initiates education to address skill and knowledge gaps.
- Requires a BS/BA degree; at least five years related experience in analysis and reporting; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and planning skills and knowledge of standard Business Information tools preferred.
- Experience with value based care models preferred.
- Health plan experience strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.