The Application Architect Executive establishes and leads the overall Application Architecture and DevSecOps vision and strategy for NGS to deliver on the business capabilities while contributing to the holistic vision of Enterprise Architecture. Creates architectural solutions that articulate the business context, design, and maximizes business value. Leads the NGS DevSecOps maturity, culture and delivery of the continuous delivery roadmap. This is a critical role that brings in a combination of technical expertise, organizational maturity as well as superior leadership skills to collaborate, influence and work with all levels of people within the organization to deliver value.
National Government Services is a proud member of Elevance Health's family of brands. We administer government contracts for Medicare and partner with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to transform federal health programs.
Location: Remote – near a NGS/Elevance Health Pulse Point is preferred.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
•Creates architectural solutions that articulate and deliver on the business needs, considering all applications in the context.
•Establishes overall application architecture vision for the business areas or contracts assigned to and ensures specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged.
•Recommends modern technologies based upon business value and helps drive new technologies towards implementation.
•Contributes to the holistic vision of Enterprise Architecture.
•Accountable for overseeing the architecture solution design.
•Coordinates all platform-level conceptual architecture components (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture). Solves technical challenges as needed.
•Defines, communicates and drives security architecture design and ensures compliance to enterprise-level standards.
•Defines systems, technical and application architectures for new strategic initiatives; develops and maintains an architectural blueprint and evolutionary roadmap.
•Responsible to own, refine and lead the implementation of the DevSecOps continuous improvement roadmap across NGS.
•Influence to find the balance of progress and return on investment to maximize goals for business value and maturity.
•Develop right-sized solutions that are best fit for the NGS. Leverage re-use of existing tools and platforms (low-code app dev, test-automation) along with open-source as appropriate.
•Champion a shift-left culture for testing, security and other DevSecOps practices
•Enable product/application development teams for end-to-end DevSecOps automation and day-to-day operations support.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 7 years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- This position is part of our FGS (Federal Government Services) division which, per CMS TDL 190275, requires foreign national applicants meet the residency requirement of living in the United States at least three of the past five years.
- 10+ years of experience in Application architecture and DevSecOps with responsibilities ranging from hands-on work, defining strategy and leading implementation across a variety of tech stacks such as Java/.Net, Mainframe, Low Code Platforms, Open Source Software and off-the-shelf products.
- Experience in health care industry strongly preferred.
- CMS contracts and/or Medicare experience preferred.
- PHI and data security experience preferred.
- Experience in partnering with the business, product management and product development teams to propose and improve products that deliver value while implementing modernization.
- Experience in a variety of software products and technologies
- Experience in tool combinations such as Jira, UrbanCode , GitHub, SonarQube, GitLab , Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Groovy, jFrog, Cucumber, Selenium, jUnit, SoapUI, jMeter, Bash, PowerShell, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Chrome Developer Tools, Dynatrace, NetProfile, AppInternals, Docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience in on-prem as well as private/public cloud environments
- Experience with Agile and SAFe
- Familiarity with ARS, FISMA security requirements and understanding of PHI/PII data security practices
- Healthcare experience a plus
- If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.