Performs analysis and research of systems and networks. Reviews detailed business and technical requirements in order to recommend technical solutions.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides second level engineering design functions.
- Develops complex solutions from business requirements and architectural specifications.
- Creates presentations and seeks IT management's approval and acceptance of significant replacements or reconfigurations of major business systems serving a business unit or location.
- Ensuring that deployed infrastructure on prem and off will properly scale and meet expected Service Level Agreements for performance, availability, scalability, and stability
- Identify and resolve problems with internal support personnel and vendors; sets vendor strategy and direction; oversees adherence.
- Architects and designs multi-site VMware Horizon VDI Technology with emphasis in compliance and resiliency/HA configuration.
- Researches relevant trends and activities in healthcare, business, competition and regulatory environments; recommends strategy adjustments.
- Engineering, documenting, delivering, and maintaining VMware Horizon Servers in accordance with Enterprise Infrastructure Engineering specifications and security guidelines
- Performing requirements analysis, requirements gathering, and integration for Horizon and infrastructure
- Providing IT Systems Engineering support on a wide range of technologies, including VMware vCenter, Horizon, Dell Servers/Computing, VSAN, Certificate Services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, vROPS, Group Policies and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Administrating and maintaining all currently supported Windows operating systems including updates, upgrades and performance and capacity management. Utilizing effective queue management in our system of record for incidents, requests and changes.
- Responsible for management and operation support of 0365 services, such as Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, and One-Drive
- Windows server patching, security configurations, vulnerability scans/remediation, and audits.
- Participate in the design and development of enhancements related to Windows server patching; ensures that all changes to all Windows Servers adhere to established ITIL Change Management (CAB) processes and procedures
- Develops plans for deploying and administering virtual machines, images and vApps.
- Creates dashboards, reports, alerts, and automated tasks.
- Assists in managing the Horizon View 7.x VDI environment and client access.
- Utilizes Site Recovery Manager (SRM) for disaster recovery failover.
- Assesses virtual machine VDI risks and perform contingency planning.
- Manages and balances virtual machine resources across hosts in the clusters
- Configures and manages virtual guests using vCenter Orchestrator, vSphere Management Assistant (vMA) and vRealize.
- Serves as technical merger and acquisition lead as needed.
- Participates in after-hours on-call support rotation.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
- Minimum of 8 years experience in information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management;
- Significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Proven hands-on experience implementing, operating, and maintaining enterprise-level virtualization systems, backed by Nutanix and/or VMware, providing virtualization capabilities and services
- In-depth knowledge of VMware administration, VMware ESXi, VMware VDI, and VMWare Horizon View environment.
- Familiarity with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) systems, applications, and services to offer VDI and Application presentations via a centralized Hosting platform.
- Solid working knowledge of VMware virtualization, NSXT design & configuration.
- Understanding of PowerShell within the Ansible framework to automate Patching/tasks/workflows
- Experience in public , private or hybrid cloud platforms ( AWS , azure , IBM cloud or equivalent)
- Experience Upgrading, Patching & managing a VDI environment on Nutanix, provide operational and end user support.
- Good Experience with Patch management tools like Ivanti or equivalent
- Experience with administrating vRealize suite of applications to include scale-out, scale-up, patching and break\fix work
- Experience with administrating Dell server hardware to include BIOS flashing, firmware upgrades and break\fix work
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.