Job Descriptions: External
Location: Temporary remote. Hybrid schedule
Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm CT
Responsible for overseeing the quality improvement activities/projects as outlined in the Quality Improvement (QI) work plan and as required by applicable law, regulations, and accreditation standards. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures integration of quality into the overall business process.
- Conducts plan-level project management of HEDIS strategy, year-round and during Medical Record Review (MRR) season and identifies goals and objectives for improvement.
- Serves as plan-level point of contact for MRR season.
- Performs assessments to identify gaps in the enterprise’s quality and technology assessment processes and initiates actions to correct these gaps.
- Maintains specialization in HEDIS and supplemental data, identifies needed supplemental data to support HEDIS strategy, and leverages available data and technologies.
- Convenes meetings with local market and national associates/leaders to discuss identified opportunities and clinical quality improvement activities/projects for improving the quality of care for members.
- Establishes and sustains provider relationships for supplemental and EMR data feeds and encourages providers to be proactive in HEDIS efforts.
- Assures accuracy and completeness of input provided to internal and external QI committees and timely implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Assures compliance with corporate QI work plans.
- Assures QI activities are relevant to the targeted population.
- Maintains documentation of QI programs to meet regulatory and Accreditation Standards.
- Provides oversight to assure accurate and complete qualitative and quantitative analysis of clinical data and presentation of results.
Job Qualifications: External
- Requires a BS in health administration, nursing, or related clinical field; 3 years of health care quality or data analysis experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Managed care experience, and current unrestricted license or certification in applicable field preferred (i.e. CPHQ).
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.