Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care. Beacon Health Options is a proud member of the Elevance Health (formerly Anthem, Inc.) family of companies.
How you will make an impact:
As an Outreach Care Specialist Lead you will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate member treatment plans are followed on the most complex cases and for proactively identifying ways to improve the health of our members and meet quality goals. This is an exciting opportunity to impact youth and family populations in a positive way under a new program in Washington. Successful candidates will be eager to participate in building a new team and starting something new.
This is a field position that will combine remote and on-site work in a variety of healthcare settings. Candidates must be located in one of the areas listed on this job posting.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates follow-up care plan needs for members by scheduling appointments or enrolling members in programs.
- Assesses member compliance with medical treatment plans via telephone or through on-site visits.
- Identifies barriers to plan compliance and coordinates resolutions.
- Identifies opportunities that impact quality goals and recommends process improvements.
- Recommends treatment plan modifications and determines need for additional services, in conjunction with case management and provider.
- Coordinates identification of and referral to local, state or federally funded programs.
- Coaches members on ways to reduce health risks.
- Prepares reports to document case and compliance updates.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with agencies identified in appropriate contract.
- Serves as a team lead.
- Participates in cross-functional teams on projects, initiatives, and process improvement activities.
- High school diploma
- 5 years of related experience;
- Or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Experience working with youth and family population in behavioral health/ social work settings strongly preferred
- Candidates located in Klickitat, Skamania or Clark Counties in Washington are strongly preferred
- Certified nurse assistant or certified medical assistant preferred
- BS/BA degree in a related field preferred
- Bilingual candidates preferred
- Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.