Responsible for providing support, configuration, design, testing and implementation for ratings or claims systems.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
• Translates complex and varied business needs into application software functionality.
• These needs typically involve a significant expenditure or cost savings and impact a wide range of functions.
• Works with business owners to identify and analyze requirements and processes with Information Technology and the vendor to ensure quality and timeliness of systems/project deliverables.
• Configures new designs/updates in the system.
• Monitors system and business functionality and performance.
• Documents and tracks product defects.
• Coordinates problem resolution with development and/or product vendors.
• May implement rates, rating formulas, product and benefit configuration/information and as directed by the appropriate business unit.
• Analyzes, develops and validates data.
• Researches, documents and completes complex projects and work processes to ensure business continuity and consistency.
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user-defined requirements.
• Supports and maintains the systems post-implementation.
• Provides end user support, consultation, liaison communications, helpdesk triage, training, reporting, auditing, application security, and ad hoc inquiries and requests.
• Provides expertise to lower level analysts.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 4 years systems analyst or business analyst experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Agile experience strongly preferred.
• ClaimsXten experience preferred
• Claims processing systems expertise preferred
• Certified Medical Coder preferred
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $75,200 - $94,000 (Min – MRP)
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.