Sales Account Rep III - Southern CA
Location: Aligned to an Elevance Health office, but eligible to work remotely with a travel expectation of 50% of the time.
Elevance Health’s Commercial and Specialty Business Division (CSBD) team is looking for a Sales Account Representative III with a proven track-record in sales, client retention, broker relations and the ability to cross-sell/upsell to join its team. This high-performing individual contributor will be responsible for supporting the Account Executive or Account Executive Sr. in the large local group or national accounts market. May also support new sales team. Typical group size is 5,000 eligible or enrolled subscribers. Our ideal candidate is member and client focus, has a strong executive presence, with large groups and self-funded experience.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts meetings with group employees who have a choice of carriers and promote, sell, persuade and influence associates to enroll in our products.
- Exhibits senior level sales competencies as defined by the business unit.
- Supports Account Executive in advising client(s) on developing and designing specific benefit plans that will best suit the client's needs.
- Directs and coordinates benefit design issues and modifications with Operations and Membership Implementation staff in support of client needs.
- Analyzes client needs and develop, design and recommend or implement product improvements or additions to increase sales.
- Researches reasons for client decisions regarding company and competitor products.
- If the competitor product is more favorable, makes recommendations to change the company's products or pricing. Supports Account Executive in selling, promoting, and influencing companies or clients to add additional products or services to the existing account (up sell).
- Responsible for projects outside the department on matters of significance with the authority to represent the department.
- Develops relationships with existing accounts, members and brokers and responds to inquiries.
Requires a BA/BS and a minimum of 3 years of related experience or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. Sales license required by day 30 of employment
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Experience and knowledge in wellness and benefits plans highly preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred.
- Experience in WGS mainframe, understanding of accumulators, SSCR, and CEP approvals.
- Experience in mainframe systems for account operation purposes (e.g. modification requests).
- Experience interacting confidently with senior management and executive level stakeholders, as a subject matter expert and comfortable with influencing decision-making.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with the proven ability to negotiate expectations between multiple parties.
- Medicare knowledge and experience is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to resolve complex issues in a fast paced and high demand environment.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products, most notably PowerPoint for creating presentations.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.