Title: Developer I
Location : Remote (Must reside in Miami, FL)
How you will make an impact
• Works to develop knowledge of enterprise technology tools, resources, processes and systems.
• Works to develop relationships with the internal or external stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements.
• Will learn end to end IT engineering and change request process.
• Creates exhibits and other support materials as necessary.
• Assists with documenting less complex business and technical requirements for coding on system components.
• Assists in developing unit test plans while given specific tasks to support implementation.
• Works on developing testing best practices.
• Assists with and provides on-call support and monitoring systems as needed.
• May assist in facilitating small groups on peer code reviews.
• May participate in vendor evaluations.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study. Requires experience working on one platform, one database and/or one system language.
• Business application experience strongly preferred.
• Bilingual Spanish highly preferred
Proficiency in SQL strongly preferred.
• Good knowledge of data warehouse concepts is nice to have.
• C#, .NET CORE, MVC, ASP.NET, Entity framework and object-oriented design skills experience nice to have
• Knowledge/Experience with source control such as: Azure DevOps, Teams Systems Foundation (TFS), Tortoise SVN
• Knowledge/Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies and/or Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Excellent communication and written skills
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.