Responsible for leading the management of vendor performance per contractual service level agreements (SLA) and ensures vendor conformity to enterprise standards, operational processes and management guidelines to ensure business goals are achieved for an enterprise function. Acts as single point of accountability for internal and external business partners.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Defines and oversees the execution of complex vendor management and implementation strategy for a defined set of vendors.
- Proactively develops effective business relationships with vendors, stakeholders, and key decision makers in order to meet or exceed expectations.
- Responsible for the development and ongoing management of one or more implementation programs that are multi-state, multi-function and multi-year in scope.
- Directs the development, planning, prioritization, approval, implementation and compliance of on-going vendor programs.
- Make recommendations to leadership on vendor strategies.
- Establishes and leads program governance when needed to assure response to issue escalation; develops program budget and ensures program meets its stated objectives.
- Provides subject matter expertise in response to strategic business issues; researches applicable subject matter practices; and remains aware of industry trends.
- Drives continuous improvement activities and implementations across functional areas.
- Recommends and implements vendor parameters regarding vendor production and quality in support of business objectives.
- Responsibilities as an informal leader within team; setting strategic direction for defined vendor sets and aiding in the hiring, training, and coaching of associates.
Requires BA/BS in Business or related field, 7 years' experience in process improvement, inventory management, project management; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Experience with managing vendor relationships and oversight of vendor performance; knowledge of software, IT services, cloud contracting.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.