Telephonic Nurse Case Manager I - $3000 Sign-On Bonus Offered
Location: Position will be work from home, but you must reside in Georgia.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 7:30pm with one 8:30am to 5pm EST shift per week
This position requires an on-line pre-employment skills assessment. The assessment is free of charge and can be taken from any PC with Internet access. Candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted via email with instructions. In order to move forward in the process, you must complete the assessment within 48 hours of receipt and meet the criteria.
How you will make an impact
Responsible for telephonic care management within the scope of licensure for members with complex and chronic care needs by assessing, developing, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating care plans designed to optimize member health care across the care continuum. Performs duties telephonically or on-site such as at hospitals for discharge planning.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures member access to services appropriate to their health needs.
- Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and a specific care management plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Implements care plan by facilitating authorizations/referrals as appropriate within benefits structure or through extra-contractual arrangements.
- Coordinates internal and external resources to meet identified needs.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of the care management plan and modifies as necessary.
- Interfaces with Medical Directors and Physician Advisor's on the development of care management treatment plans.
- Assists in problem solving with providers, claims or service issues.
- Assists with development of utilization/care management policies and procedures.
- Requires a BA/BS in a health related field
- 3 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license from the State of Georgia required.
- Multistate licensure is required if this individual is providing services in multiple states.
Preferred Capabilities, Skills and Experiences:
- Ability to talk and type at the same time preferred.
- Certification as a Case Manager is preferred.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills when interacting with members.
- Experience with (Microsoft Office) and/or ability to learn new computer programs/systems/software quickly.
- Ability to manage, review and respond to emails/instant messages in a timely fashion.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.