Location: 100% Remote - must have high-speed cable or fiber optic internet
NurseLine: 24/7 Inbound Telephone Triage level will be determined by Hiring Manager based on experience, skills and education.
Please Note: Associates in this job are paid hourly and are eligible for overtime.
Hours/Shift: Associate will be working around Eastern time zone – 24 hour department; multiple shifts available.
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday 7p to 530a EST
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday 1p to 130a EST
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday 8p to 830a EST
Responsible for telephone triage to assess complex caller's needs and provide relevant health information to assist caller in making healthcare decisions. Serves as a resource to lower-level medical call nurses.
How you will make an impact:
- Serves as a resource to lower-level medical call nurses.
- Establishes and maintains supportive relationships with callers and their families.
- Performs professional assessment of caller's needs with accurate, concise documentation.
- Conducts thorough symptom assessment of caller's situation using established criteria and protocol.
- Coordinates with case management and/or staff physicians.
- Utilizes established software, written materials, on-line resources and nursing background to provide callers with appropriate medical information.
- Provides caller with appropriate community resources.
- Conducts research and problem-solving activities for more complex situations.
- May be assigned to work special projects relevant to medical call or general medical management policies, practices and procedures.
- Requires AS in nursing and minimum of 5 years of acute clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
- Med Surge experience is strongly preferred.
- ER + Critical care experience is strongly preferred.
- BSN and previous triage experience preferred.
- RN 2-3 years’ experience preferred.
- Call center experience is a plus.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.