The Database Administrator Advisor will be a mastery of all Database Administration best practices, standards, policies, methods tools and procedures. With a focus on the proficient delivery of Database Administration services while leading the Database Administration team's use of tools, techniques and processes.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Works with senior Business and IT partners to identify, prioritize and lead the development and implementation of Database Administration standards, policies, methods, and procedures building consensus with all parties.
- Leads highly complex Database Administration projects and efforts.
- Oversees physical database creation and maintenance in production and non-production environments.
- Builds and supports required database test environments.
- Accurately estimates Database Administration effort for any size project covering the projects database needs.
- Identifies and defines standard procedures and processes, ensuring compatibility with vision and direction.
- Works with Business and IT partners to identify, translate, and prioritize the most complex database architectural requirements.
- Instrumental in providing guidance to subordinates in best architectural practices in maximizing the database performance.
- Troubleshoots the most difficult database problems, recognized expert and go-to person.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participate in on-call support and monitoring on rotating weekly basis.
- Reviews developers SQL code and provides turning suggestions.
- Provides DBMS technical configuration and troubleshooting.
- Participate in future growth discussions around automation, virtualization and cloud deployments.
- Requires BS/BA in Computer Science or Information Technology or a related field of study and a minimum of 7 years industry experience in Information Systems and/or experience in Database Administration or related disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- This position is part of our FGS (Federal Government Services) division which, per CMS TDL 190275, requires foreign national applicants meet the residency requirement of living in the United States at least three of the past five years.
- Experience utilizing DBMS system management tools and implementing the majority of new DBMS features and functionality preferred strongly preferred.
- Experience with leading junior DBA's and onshore/offshore resources strongly preferred. Experience in utilizing DBMS systems management tools and implementing new features and functionality strongly preferred.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.