This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve. This position is on the Carelon product team, that has a strong product core of excellence building solutions for both internal clients and external clients. This role is a member of a larger product development team that supports multiple line of business.
This role will collaborate with the business and the technical members to create/enhance technical products. This role will partner with the business to document business requirements. This role will also partner with the technical teams including a data platform, cloud, visualization, Microservices. This product relies heavily on large data science and insights that run the business.
This role will be the primary Product Owner for a delivery team and will be a member of the scrum team.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for acting as a member of the Agile leadership team and is the functional and/or client (or business) representative for a project or set of projects within a market-focus to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and business value delivered.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the customer proxy and therefore is the liaison between the business and the Scrum Teams; translating features into user stories within a teams backlog and managing, ranking and prioritizing this backlog so that it is reflective of stakeholder requirements and priorities.
- Final testing and acceptance of the user stories supporting the features.
- Effectively communicate to the team the stakeholder needs so the teams delivery meets both contractual requirements and established acceptance criteria, including expected quality and performance and to complete various work management activities according to defined service level commitments and process compliancy guidelines.
- Collaborate with team(s) to discover and deliver the best solution to the market problem(s) presented by the Product Manager (business).
- Works with the business to understand coordinate ranking and prioritize business needs and plan solutions to ensure that each release provides business value to end users’ sales and marketing.
- Manage the solution concept development process to ensure the product team understand the direction and vision.
- Create and maintain regularly backlog of work through the project's life cycle.
- Understands how to write user stories and their acceptance criteria. Translates the product backlog into user stories.
- Serve as the Product Management (business) proxy and decision point to represent the stakeholders in the project.
- Reviews and accepts/rejects results both during a Sprint and in the Sprint review.
- Attends sprint ceremonies and is available to team during the sprint for clarifications and acceptance of user stories.
- Creates and/or inputs into a projects release plan.
- Presents work to team from Team Backlog during Sprint Planning for acceptance by the Team in a Sprint negotiates Sprint goals with the Team.
Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 5 year’s experience with writing business/functional requirements and experience implementing Agile methodologies; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Leading SAFe (SA) certification, CSPO or equivalent (Certified Scrum Product Owner) and/or SPO/PM (SAFE Product Owner/Product Manager) strongly preferred .
Experience in Aha a plus.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $87,440.00-$109,300
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.