The Health Program Representative I is responsible for providing initial contact between distinct Care Management programs and specific identified members. Under direct supervision handles inbound/outbound enrollment and engagement calls with eligible members to provide information regarding program features.
How you will make an impact:
- Gathers and records appropriate member information in accordance with policies and procedures via telephone.
- Encourages members to participate in the Care Management programs by providing information about the program, outlining program features/value and explaining available services.
- Records call details and utilize call scripts as needed based on client requirements.
- Directs member inquiries to appropriate clinical staff.
- Initiates referrals and manages consults from clinicians for participants registered in Care Management.
- Gathers information from hospitals, health plans, physicians, patients, vendors and other referral sources.
- Contacts physician offices to obtain demographic information or related data as needed.
Minimum Requirements :
- Requires HS diploma or the equivalent and a minimum of 6 months experience in a telesales or customer service; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Computer/keyboarding proficiency strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of company products, services and benefits preferred.
- Previous healthcare experience preferred.
- Medical terminology.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.