The Security Operations Analyst is responsible for providing enterprise security solutions for business, regulatory, and legal requirements, and assuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Participates and completes tasks associated with the implementations for systems and network security technologies; executes testing plans; coordinates and prepares reporting of data security events and incidents; provides system and network architecture support; provides technical support to business and technology associates.
- Managing and supporting one or more enterprise level security related platforms.
- Provides trouble resolution on complex issues.
- Performs system and network upgrade tasks.
- Designs and analyzes vendor services and information security requirements; maintains relationship with key vendors.
- Participates and completes lights-on initiatives to consolidate equipment and/or implement business relocations.
- Performs complex configuration changes to meet business and information security requirements.
- Performs capacity analysis; recommends and implements capacity increases.
- Responds to Level 3 and 4 change and problem requests; leads Level 1 and 2 incident recoveries and root cause analysis.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a support and operations or design and engineering role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- This position is part of our FGS (Federal Government Services) division which, per CMS TDL 190275, requires foreign national applicants meet the residency requirement of living in the United States at least three of the past five years.
- Technical security certifications (e.g. Systems Security Certified Practitioner) strongly preferred.
- Experience managing and supporting one or more enterprise level security related platforms is preferred, such as: Intrusion Detection/Prevention Tools, Security Event and Incident Management (e.g. Splunk), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (e.g. McAfee, Symantec, Crowdstrike), Network Detection and Response (NDR) - (Darktrace is a plus).
- Experience with Data Loss Prevention is preferred.
- Experience with Vulnerability Scanning / Management / Tracking tools and technologies is preferred.
- Practical experience using Security Orchestration and Automation (SOAR) tools preferred.
- Development of SEIM/SOAR use cases, reporting and similar solutions preferred.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) is a plus
- Familiarity with common security frameworks (NIST, ISO, HIPAA, etc.) desired
- Technical security certifications (e.g. Systems Security Certified Practitioner, Certified Ethical Hacker) preferred but not required.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.