The Sr. Security Operations/Automation Engineer is responsible for managing the delivery of information and network security systems and/or technology services, which may include server, desktop, software, network, database, helpdesk components.
Essential duties can include but are not limited to:
- Provides trouble resolution on complex problems and leads implementations for system and network security technologies; develops testing plans to ensure quality of implementation; coordinates and prepares the reporting of data security events and incidents.
- Provides system and network architecture support for information and network security technologies.
- Provides technical support to business and technology associates in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate information security procedures, standards and technologies.
- Represents major upgrades and reconfigurations in change control; design & analyze mix of vendor services meeting business and information security requirements.
- Maintains relationship with key vendors; leads lights on initiatives to consolidate equipment and/or implement business relocations; determine and perform complex configuration changes to meet business and information security requirements; perform capacity analysis; recommend and implement capacity increases; serve as the technical escalation for results of preventative maintenance routines; supervise preventative maintenance; represents infrastructure security support in significant projects and performs the most complex operations and administration tasks.
- Respond to level 3 & 4 change and problem requests without supervision; lead level 1 & 2 incident recoveries and root cause analysis.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years experience in a support & operations or design & engineering role in any of the following areas: access management or network security technologies, servers, networks, Network communications, telecommunications, operating systems, middleware, disaster recovery, collaboration technologies, hardware/software support or other infrastructure services role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires experience providing top-tier support for 3 or more of the information security technology areas: 1) Access Control, 2) Application Security, 3) Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning, 4) Cryptography, 5) Information Security and Risk Management 6) Legal, Regulations, 7) Compliance and Investigations, 8) Operations Security, 9) Physical (Environmental) Security, 10) Security Architecture and Design, 11) Telecommunications and Network Security.
- This position is part of our FGS (Federal Government Services) division which, per CMS TDL 190275, requires foreign national applicants meet the residency requirement of living in the United States at least three of the past five years.
- Technical security certifications (e.g. Systems Security Certified Practitioner) strongly preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Information System and Computer Science or related field of study strongly preferred.
- Experience managing and supporting one or more enterprise level security related platforms is preferred, such as: Intrusion Detection/Prevention Tools; Security Event and Incident Management (e.g. Splunk); Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (e.g. McAfee, Symantec, Crowdstrike); Network Detection and Response (NDR) - (Darktrace is a plus); Data Loss Prevention and Vulnerability Scanning / Management / Tracking tools.
- Practical experience using Security Orchestration and Automation (SOAR) tools is a plus.
- Development of SEIM/SOAR use cases, reporting and similar solutions is preferred.
- Proficiency in Vulnerability Scanning / Management /Tracking is preferred.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) is a plus.
- Familiarity with common security frameworks (NIST, ISO, HIPAA, etc.) desired but not required.
- Technical security certifications (e.g. Systems Security Certified Practitioner, Certified Ethical Hacker) preferred but not required.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.