Responsible for providing financial leadership, decision support and strategic direction to health company partners and divisional CFOs to achieve the business plan, with specific emphasis on Behavioral Health lines of business. Seeking candidates for the partnership Finance Lead role with behavioral or physical health care experience who have a strong background in general ledger accounting and the generation of financial statements. Responsible for leading the process of preparation and interpretation of complex financial analysis for lines of business. Has end to end ownership/management of business processes and works across functions and business departments to drive holistic and consistent solutions.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as primary liaison between finance leadership and business unit.
- Presents month end financial statements and supporting analysis.
- Prepares annual and quarterly forecasts.
- Prepares internal management reports and comprehensive analyses of financial and statistical results to support senior management.
- Coordinates with actuarial on pricing actions and reserve calculations.
- Conducts and documents complex financial and business related analysis.
- Focuses on business improvement initiatives and leads and directs projects.
- Monitors and validates ROI analysis, modeling, and validation post-contract signing.
- Prepares month end closing of statutory and GAAP financial statements.
- Prepares annual operating/capital budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Prepares comprehensive analysis of financial and statistical results to support Sr. Management.
- Coordinates with actuarial on reserve calculations and re-insurance agreements.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced team members.
- Conducts and documents complex financial and business-related analyses and research fields, including financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital and investment.
- Provides detailed analysis and reporting for leadership, working closely with company internal and external auditors.
- Prepares internal management reporting.
- Assist in bid writing for government contracts
- Regulate budget to ensure within spending ranges.
- This position is responsible for leading the finance committee and presentations to the partnership board of directors as well as during state meetings.
- Close interactions with corporate accounting department and daily interactions with partners will require strong interpersonal and time management skills.
Requires a BA/BS in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 6 years budgeting, forecasting, and accounting financial reporting experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Hyperion experience strongly preferred. Controller/Assistant Controller experience preferred.
MBA preferred. CPA, CMA, FSA and/or CFA preferred. Strong knowledge of internal business processes, data flow, controls and our financial systems preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.