The Internal Audit team coordinates and collaborates with Elevance Health leadership to independently assess high risk areas and engage in special projects within Elevance Health. The Internal Auditors perform and lead a variety of Internal Audit reviews (e.g., operational, financial, compliance) in a dynamic and fast paced environment. This role is a great opportunity to be included in decision making or as a key decision maker, constantly learn and to showcase your critical thinking skills and creativity in a fun and flexible team environment.
The primary duties of an Internal Auditor may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts high quality assessments of Elevance Health’s processes and controls for their adequacy and effectiveness, which includes demonstrating strong critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates effective project management skills and team work to ensure reviews are performed efficiently and are completed timely with high quality results.
- Develops written audit memos, reports and findings based upon the results of the review. This includes formalizing control gaps identified and collaborating with business clients and leadership to determine an appropriate corrective action plan.
- Engages and provides valuable insights to business clients to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Assists the Internal Audit team to perform all aspects of the engagement (i.e., planning, fieldwork, reporting, wrap-up).
- Continues to coordinate with management to perform timely finding follow-ups.
- Requires a BA/BS in accounting or finance and a minimum of 5 years directly related work experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Knowledge of internal audit practices and operational processes. Demonstrated ability to evaluate processes and internal controls, analyze and solve problems.
- Develops increasing health insurance industry knowledge and understanding of the department’s audit methodology as well as the Company’s Business Units’
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact and engage with associates across multiple locations.
- CPA/CIA/CISA certification or candidate preferred
- Experience leading internal audits is preferred.
- Project management, process improvement, and quality oversight backgrounds are highly desired.
- Health insurance experience is helpful, but not required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.