Business Information Developer Consultant
Location : This position will work remotely. The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our PulsePoint locations.
The Business Information Developer Consultant is responsible for developing and executing more complex data mining analyses. The majority of time will be spent as a Tableau developer and expert supporting our end users.
How you will make an impact:
- Design, develop, conducts unit testing, and maintains complex Tableau reports for scalability, manageability, extensibility, performance, and re-use.
- Provide technical expertise in areas of architecture, design, and implementation.
- Performs modeling of information sources and flows.
- Uses SQL programming languages to extract and manipulate large data sets.
- Work with team members to create useful reports and dashboards that provide insight, improve/automate processes, or otherwise add value to the team.
- Work through iterative review cycles to deliver results that meet or exceed user expectations.
- Ensure consistency by adhering to a set of software coding and style guides.
- Resolve support tickets related to Tableau reports.
- Conducts training on use of applications developed.
- Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- 3+ years with responsibility developing and executing business solutions using BI tools with SQL programming, SharePoint, data compilation, data analyses and dashboard development.
- Analyze user needs and requirements to determine design feasibility.
- Proven experience in developing and working Tableau driven dashboards, analytics highly preferred.
- Ability to create SQL queries and display large data sets while maximizing the performance highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Tableau administrator/architecture highly preferred
- Advanced Tableau development skills highly preferred
- Ability to interpret technical or dashboard structure and translate complex business requirements to technical specifications.
- High-level competency in Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.).
- Understanding of advanced calculations and statistical functions. A solid understanding of SQL, relational database management system, data modeling, and normalization
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.