Legal Specialist Sr
The Legal Specialist Sr is responsible for leading support staff and providing legal support services for multiple states, enterprise-wide functions ,and/or the most complex litigation through highly complex legal assignments and projects, which utilize a recognized area of specialization and knowledge specific to the company. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a seasoned resource and may lead and/or coach other support staff.
- Prepares and evaluates legal documentation to resolve problems, close transactions, and/or maintain good corporate governance.
- Conducts legal research and analysis, and recommends appropriate course of action and next steps.
- Performs fact checking, gathers documents, researches and responds to subpoenas, record requests, and various inquiries from internal and external sources, coordinates investigative and discovery activities.
- Serves as a lead in the investigation and resolution of the most complex cases.
- Monitors state and federal legislation affecting the corporation, and develops and/or implements recommendations relative to changes in regulations and laws.
- Attends and represents company at appropriate legal proceedings, arbitration hearings, and/or subsidiary company's board meetings under supervision of counsel.
- Applies business knowledge and technical expertise to optimize solutions and improve practices.
- Participates in projects and may participate in negotiations and strategizing with business and staff.
- Enters information into appropriate databases or other document management systems.
- Paralegal Certification or an AA/AS/BA/BS in a related field and
- Minimum of 10 years of legal or related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Qualifications:
- Medicare or Medicare advantage knowledge preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preffered.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $80,388 - $100,485
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Elevance in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.