Responsible for retaining and growing group dental, vision, life and disability plans for existing groups of 2-100 through proactive and responsive communications with brokers, group administrators, employer groups and internal sales partners. This includes teaming up with the Connect Broker Sales Representatives within their assigned market, serving as the point of contact for renewal activity, fostering relationships with existing brokers and local sales teams, monthly campaign based out-bound calling to ensure renewals are proactively reviewed, generate and issue proposals, and close new upsells.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Establish, foster and actively manage broker and employer group relationships for a defined book of small group accounts.
- Conduct monthly retention campaigns to drive persistency and identify opportunity for upsell sales.
- Serve as key interface to ensure timely renewal discussions, proposal generation and follow-up.
- Prepare additional marketing collateral needed to influence persistency and upsells (comparison charts, network information, etc.).
- Supports pursuit of new business opportunities either directly with a broker/consultant or potential client, or through a team approach with field office sales staff.
- Manages the annual renewal process for accounts, including underwriting negotiation, preparation of renewal analysis, and broker or client presentations.
- Update and maintain database with timely and accurate information.
- HS Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of industry-related experience or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Health, Accident and Life Insurance license required along with conducting necessary continuing education to maintain active license.
- Broker or Insurance agency experience.
- Independent Self Starter
- Health carrier experience
- Telephonic experience
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift M-F between 7am and 6:30pm.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $14.12/hr. - $28.25/hr.
(min-max to post is all geo zones applicable to the specific job code for the requisition found on the Job Catalog and Geo Zones document from compensation…do not include this information in the parenthesis in the job posting, this is for instruction only)
Locations: Colorado; Nevada, Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithica, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.