Customer Care Representative I, II
Remote - Must reside in Florida
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care. Beacon Health Options is a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies. As a Customer Care Representative, you will be responsible for responding to customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts, eligibility and claims.
How you will make an impact:
- From the moment you login, you’ll be focused on proactively resolving our members and/or providers questions and concerns using computer-based resources to find answers
- You will guide members and providers with their healthcare needs by explaining benefits, solving claim concerns, helping find a doctor via telephone calls, online chats or e-mails.
- You will partner internally to create a seamless experience for our customers and resolve potential issues.
Here’s what Elevance Health offers:
- A career path with opportunity for growth
- Ability to obtain your Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or further your education with tuition reimbursement.
- Affordable Health Insurance, Dental, Vision and Basic Life
- 401K match, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay
- Quarterly incentive bonus and annual increases plan based on performance.
At Elevance Health, the team is comprised of the best and the brightest from diverse experiences, cultures, and backgrounds. The differences we each bring to the table are a part of what makes our company so successful.
This position can be filled at Customer Care Representative I or Customer Care Representative II. The hiring manager will determine the level, based on the candidate’s experience and background
- CCRI - Requires a HS diploma or equivalent and previous experience or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- CCRII - Requires a HS diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of the company's experience in an automated customer service environment
- Ability to work from home with internet access and a quiet and private workspace
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between 8am and 6pm, with weekend availability.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences
- A passion for serving others with the ability to be empathetic and the desire to go above and beyond to help resolve members questions at the first point of contact
- A customer advocate willing to listen and find creative solutions to address and resolve customers questions, issues or concerns
- A composed individual able to multi-task, navigating multiple computer applications and working efficiently while communicating and serving the customer
- Must have a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility to your teammates and our members, demonstrated by the simplest things like being on time and available to meet member’s needs, to being accountable for commitments made to customers or others and ensuring follow-ups are completed.
- Flexible and quick learner, willing to adapt to changing customer and business needs.
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.