Responsible for understanding, defining and automating the collection of operations and customer experience data from across the enterprise while working collaboratively with cross-functional data teams. Then using that data to build dashboard visualizations for daily reporting in business information tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
How you will make an impact:
- Determines how decision support systems will provide the data required to make effective business decisions.
- Performs modeling and documentation of information sources and flows.
- May coordinate the activities of a project team and monitors project schedules and costs for own projects.
- Develops strategic report applications from the Data Warehouse.
- Establishes and maintains excellent knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, programming languages, and data integrity issues.
- Develops and supports complex data warehouse-related applications for business areas requiring design and implementation of database tables.
- Rapidly builds and iterates upon reporting visualizations.
- Translates technical and business into actionable measures and data visualizations
- The majority of time will be spent collecting and automating data flows and developing reporting visualizations.
- Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. PC, spreadsheet, and database skills strongly preferred.
- Experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages required.
- Advanced expertise with modern dashboarding platforms, such as Tableau and Power BI. Expert level knowledge of DAX and writing complex functions to drive rapid releases.
- Advanced expertise with SAS, Python, R, T-SQL or equivalent analytical tools and comprehensive experience with Teradata, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 or equivalent data base tools to develop and execute basic database commands
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Develops strategic report applications from the Data Warehouse. Establishes and maintains excellent knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, programming languages, and data integrity issues. Develops and supports complex data warehouse-related applications for business areas requiring design and implementation of database tables. Experience developing complex statistical modeling or collecting and interpreting data from cross-functional data domains
- Substantial analytical experience in healthcare industry
- Skills with automation such as RPA using UiPath, PowerApps and PowerAutomate, Alteryx
- Advanced skills in data transformation using TableauPrep and PowerQuery
- Project management experience with database ETL development, including MS SSIS and SSAS
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.