Delivers and commercializes healthcare products and services that have a clinical impact within the company and externally. Leads clinical strategy and execution for new technologies, products, and services from inception to commercialization. This is a hybrid role that merges the disciplines of business, technology (digital) and medicine.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Leads a product management team which is responsible for the creation and translation of products and services in support of the Company’s strategic priorities.
- Oversees the translation of advanced technologies into commercializable clinical products and services.
- Leads (partnering with peer Care Delivery leaders) the Care Delivery Product Team which is responsible for the strategic direction, validation and efficacy of products and services with clinical impact.
- Develops and maintains partnerships to facilitate co-creation and co-validation of products and services.
- Collaborates with key partners to ensure alignment and delivery of high-quality products and services.
- Provides clinical input, trending of clinical practices and implications, and documentation to support internal and external entities/committees.
Also responsible for
- Thought Leadership by identifying and developing opportunities for innovation to increase effectiveness and quality.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to other areas of the company as needed.
- May chair or serve on company committees and represent the company to external entities and/or serves on external committees.
- Supports and aligns with the Company’s health priorities including the offices of the Chief Health Officer.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- MD or DO and Board certification approved by one of the following certifying boards is required, where applicable to duties being performed, American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Must possess an active unrestricted medical license to practice medicine or a health profession.
- Minimum of 10 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Prior management experience is also required.
- Previous experience leading or supporting product and/or digital teams strongly preferred.
- Emergency medicine, primary care or equivalent clinical experience that encompasses all age bands and demographics preferred.
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders, leading multi-disciplinary initiatives and public speaking preferred.
- Experience working with healthcare innovation entities such as incubators, start-ups, investors or other digital ecosystem stakeholders is also preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.