Aspire Health is the nation’s largest provider of home-based palliative care. We partner with health plans and physicians who share our vision of providing comprehensive, collaborative medical care to offer relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of serious illness in the comfort of a patient’s home.
Field/Mobile Based - Visiting patients within the city of Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
The Field Adv Practice Provider is responsible for collaborating with company physicians, the patient’s other physicians and providers, and their family members to develop complex plans of care in accordance with the patient’s health status and overall goals and values. Provides clinical and non-clinical support to patients in palliative care within a designated territory.
How you will make an impact:
- Provide services in home settings to provide care to patients.
- Develop and implement clinical plans of care for adult patients facing chronic and complex conditions (e.g., co-morbid medical and mental health diagnoses, limited personal resources, chronic medical conditions.).
- Gather history and physical exam and diagnostics as needed, and then develops and implements treatment plans given the patient’s goals of care and current conditions.
- Meet the patient’s and family’s physical and psychosocial needs with support and input from the company’s inter-disciplinary team.
- Educate patients and families about medication usage, side effects, illness progression, diet and nutrition, medical adherence and crisis anticipation and prevention.
- Maintain contact with other clinical team members, patients’ other physicians and patients’ other medical providers to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient and his or her family in a timely basis and consistent with state regulations and company health standards and policy.
- Maintain patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with state regulations and company standards and policy.
- Participate in continuing education as required by state.
- Prescribe medication as permitted by state prescribing authority.
- Requires current unrestricted Nurse Practitioner (NP) license Or Physician Assistant (PA) license in the state of California is required.
- Possession of DEA registration or eligibility is required.
- CPR certification required.
- Local travel in assigned territory is required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- 2 years of experience in home-based services, complex care cases, and hospice and/or palliative care preferred.
- Bedside hospital, oncology, emergency room (ER) or intensive care unit (ICU) experience highly preferred.
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.