Behavioral Health Case Manager l (Telephonic) 11am – 7:30pm Mountain Time
Work Location: Work from home. Must reside within 1 hour of Anthem office and be willing to travel to the local office on a monthly basis, if needed.
REQUIRED Work Hours : Monday – Thursday, 11am – 7:30pm, Fridays 10:30am – 7pm MOUNTAIN TIME .
The Behavioral Health Case Manager l is responsible for performing case management telephonically within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs.
How you will make an impact:
- Carries a caseload of adult and adolescent member’s with BH, ED, and SUD needs.
- Makes outbound calls on a regular basis to enroll members (from a queue) and to keep members engaged.
- Takes inbound calls from members to assist with needs/resources or returning our outbound calls.
- Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs via inbound/outbound phone calls to members.
- Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed.
- Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost-effective care.
- Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
- Works from different modalities (phone queue, Chat, IM, email, text) to assist members and coordinate with others
- Works to meet or exceed individual and team call center metrics as set by leadership.
- Participates in external client account audits.
- Utilizes different clinical case management modalities (Motivational interviewing, coaching, intensive case management, etc.)
- Requires MS or MA in social work, counseling, or a related behavioral health field; 3 years clinical experience in social work counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Candidates must have 2 years post clinical license
- Current active, unrestricted clinical license such as LPC, LCSW, LICSW, LMFT, LMHC or Clinical Psychologist (as allowed by applicable state laws) to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in applicable state or territory of the United States required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Experience in case management and telephonic and/or in person coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders preferred.
- Requires clinical telephonic experience.
- Proficient use of Microsoft programs and ability to work with multiple computer programs and screens simultaneously while documenting and speaking with members.
- Knowledge of community resources and/or coordination of community resources.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $61,236.00 - 76,545.00 USD Annual
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.