Job Title: Business Strategy Planning Director
Location: Atlanta, GA; Indianapolis, IN; Mason, OH; Richmond, VA
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Business Strategy Planning Director is responsible for business unit strategy, strategic planning and strategic initiative performance management. In addition, the leader will ensure that one of Elevance Health’s major priorities achieves its objectives by working cross-functionally with execution leaders and executive leadership. The right leader will communicate and collaborate seamlessly across all levels of the organization, thrives with strategic challenges, and quickly executes on key priorities.
How you will make an impact:
- Understands all aspects of the business, and partners with executive leadership to define strategy and success outcomes.
- Translates strategy into defined tactics, program priorities, and timelines, and ensures alignment and attainment of business unit strategic plans to turn strategy into reality.
- Builds and leverages relationships to provide innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Proposes opportunities to improve results based on continuous needs assessment.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of business unit planning activities.
- Leads portfolio management for Elevance Health’s set of cross-functional operational improvement initiatives (‘Fix-the-Basics') including, but not limited to, status report tracking, metrics tracking and reporting to executive leadership.
- Manages executive forums to review and escalate issues from ‘Fix-the-Basics’ initiatives.
- Tracks and manages all action items to timely resolution.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of related experience including prior leadership experience and 3 to 5 years in strategic planning; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Ability to travel may be required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- MBA, preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in management consulting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.