Location: Remote opportunity
HealthCore is finding evidence and truth at the core of healthcare. We work with life sciences companies, government agencies, academia, Elevance Health, and collaborators on a broad range of research services focused on informing key decision makers. As a wholly owned, independently operating subsidiary of Elevance Health, we utilize a powerful research ecosystem of expertise, relationships, and data to generate the evidence needed to improve healthcare.
The Senior Biostatistician will collaborate with scientific teams in leading the statistical design and execution of healthcare claims and clinical research using accepted statistical and biostatistical methods and techniques.
- Serves as senior-level subject matter expert of the research data and integrated environment.
- Leads the data management and statistical analysis with application of advanced research methods in emerging real-world data sources and clinical research (e.g., administrative claims, medical records, electronic health records, surveys, point-of care clinical data).
- Leads the development of statistical content for study documentation (e.g., protocols, statistical analysis plans), reports, publications, and regulatory submissions.
- Articulates analytic methodology, process, progress, and results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads the formulation of ideas for new studies/projects; working collaborators to write and submit proposals.
- Collaborates with the Scientific and Project Management teams to ensure adherence to scope, schedule, and budget commitments.
- Mentors associates within the Data Analytics team and across the organization.
- Supports Business Development and Scientific teams with analytic development and review of requests for proposals and presents at bid defenses.
Requires a Masters degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or related field; 3 years healthcare and/or consumer data analysis experience; 2+ years’ experience in the development of predictive models; 3 years coding experience with SAS; 3 years’ experience manipulating and processing large multi-source datasets with SAS and SQL programming tools; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred skills, qualifications and experience:
- Expertise in analytic methods and statistical tools (e.g., SAS, R).
- Expertise using healthcare claims data.
- Excellent attention and accuracy with details and commitment to quality.
- Strong propensity to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $99,360 - $124,200
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.