Employs advanced analytics to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product/program concepts and value propositions, operational effectiveness and efficiencies, client specific health gaps and needs.
How you will make an impact:
- Performs established analysis for routine diagnoses of quality, use, cost and other variables for opportunity assessments.
- Executes identification and stratification algorithm to select the right members for the targeted solution; develops the technical definition of outcome metrics to assess outcomes; performs defined analyses to assess proper outcome metrics for various programs/initiative.
- Builds, tests, and validates statistical models under supervision.
- Contributes to research and publications by performing basic analyses, preparing data and documenting results.
- Understands the pitfalls and limitations with analyzing practical data and the ability to ensure data and analysis quality.
- Basic knowledge of common analytical methods such as profiling a customer segment, experimental design and regression analysis.
- Solves well defined analytical problems independently; delivers assignment/projects timely and accurately; collaborates with other analytical team members effectively; presents analyses effectively to analytical audience.
- Possess strong intellectual curiosity and motivated to master analytical skills.
- Requires MS, MA, or PhD with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Epidemiology, Engineering, Computer Science or Operations Research; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires working experience with SAS or equivalents analytical tools, Teradata, SQL, or equivalent database tools, and up to 3 years direct experience applying statistical/analytical tools to solve research/practical problems.
- Some exposure to healthcare or related fields strongly preferred. Intellectual curiosity and strong desire to master analytical skills strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of math, probability, and algorithmic development in python or R is strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL. Familiarity with relational database environments such as MS SQLServer, Teradata, Oracle, and experience in distributed environments like Hadoop is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to design modeling studies and experience with data models, addressing data quality issues in study design, constructing robust and efficient analytical data sets is strongly preferred.
- Experience with data models, addressing data quality issues in study design, constructing robust and efficient analytical data sets is strongly preferred.
- Substantial analytical experience in healthcare industry preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.