Responsible for serving as team lead. Supervise the preparation of multiple statements/filings.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Review of multiple financial statements: Annual and Quarterly Financial Reports, Audited Financial Statements, Form 10-K and/or 10-Q.
- Leads project initiatives.
- Responsible for implementing and reporting complex financial transactions and required filings.
- Responsible for the interpretation of new accounting pronouncements and issues papers and consistent treatment across the organization.
- May prepare technical accounting position memorandums, review comparison between GAAP, statutory, or other basis of accounting; review annual and semi-annual Risk-Based Capital calculations for company, and/or review financial analysis reports to senior management .
- Review of actual versus forecasted medical loss ratio results.
- Reviews draft responses to government and/or regulatory agency's requests/inquiries. Manages audits in partnership with legal and internal audit.
- Leads multiple processes and teams.
Minimum requirements: Requires BS/BS in Accounting or Finance and minimum of 6 years related accounting experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred qualifications: Previous experience involving the application of GAAP or statutory accounting principles and/or SEC or other financial reporting experience is preferred. Hyperion, Essbase, Advanced Excel skills preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.