Title : Business Consultant
Location : Remote, FL. or GA.
Hours : Standards
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact:
The Data Management Consultant (Business Consultant) is responsible for supporting data governance initiatives like data stewardship, metadata, data quality and business taxonomy.
How will you make an impact:
- Facilitate and lead the data stewardship process and community.
- Develop and build business taxonomy and data quality rules collaborating with data stewards.
- Conduct data mapping (source to target) for key attributes.
- Create data catalog and establish data lineage for key data sets.
- Collaborate with businesses and technical areas to implement data governance controls and standards.
- May require strong knowledge of healthcare data domains and as well as our internal business models and data systems.
- May coordinate with external vendors as appropriate.
- Acts as the central contact with business and IT teams.
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 8 years business analysis experience, which should include analysis and project management; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Knowledge of systems capabilities and business operations is strongly preferred.
Preferred skills, Capabilities and Experiences
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, planning, presentation and interpersonal skills strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and draw up plans to address issues/concerns strongly preferred.
- SQL, Jira, MS Office and other technical skills.
- Data Governance experience.
- Data Governance tools and processes experiences.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.