Location - Work From Home
Responsible for managing foundational and strategic compliance responsibilities
Regulator/Customer Relationship Management
- State regulator and Health Plan communications (ad hoc issue resolution, coordination and support of operational updates, remediation of member and provider concerns, response to fines and sanctions, etc.)
- State filings review (member and provider communications, vendor subcontracts, reporting, corrective action plans, etc.)
- Regulator audit support and coordination
Strategic Advisory and Consulting
- Contract and regulatory subject matter expertise and business strategy consultation, from new business development to operational continuity
- Contract and regulatory market research requests
Compliance Monitoring and Oversight
- Compliance risk and issue identification, assessment, and remediation management
- Development and maintenance of Compliance resources (market comparisons, policies and procedures, etc.)
- Coordination of Health Plan response to corrective action plans, regulator penalties, and audit findings
- Marketing and communication oversight
- Plan compliance training
- Special Investigations Unit (SIU) support and engagement
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of six years health care, regulatory, ethics, compliance, or privacy experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment, including from an external office, and at least monthly travel to Elevance Indianapolis offices
- MS/MBA/JD or professional designation preferred
- Medicaid or managed care experience preferred
- Demonstrated record of strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, OneNote, etc.)
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.