Provides analytic support to higher level Analysts and Consultants in helping them run their programs and/or to support the contracting process.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to :
• Modifies existing analytical models to create predictive impact decision making tools and may build new models with assistance from higher level Analysts and Consultants as needed.
• Performs varied data analyses which may include:
• post implementation analyses.
• retrospective data analyses.
• analyses to track both health risks and compliance which are critical means of managing long-term health costs.
• analyses to identify cost increases in medical services.
• analyses of practice patterns in relation to office visits, referral practices, and specialty care procedures to help identify strategies to control costs.
• pre-negotiation analysis to support development of defensible pricing strategies.
• and the measurement of the cost impact of various negotiation proposals to better forecast how pricing changes could affect the company's bottom line.
• May map disparate sources of data to a common language for analysis.
• May work on projects as assigned.
Requires BS/BA degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related field and minimum of 2 years experience in broad-based analytical, managed care payor or provider environment as well as experience in statistical analysis and healthcare modeling; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Master's degree preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.