Preferred Location: This position will primarily be remote, but proximity to an Elevance Health major pulse point is a plus. Elevance Health supports a hybrid workplace model with pulse point sites used for collaboration, community, and connection.
This position will serve as an Associate General Counsel to the Care Delivery part of Carelon, which includes the CareMore and Aspire businesses. CareMore and Aspire provide clinical and care management services to patients through a complex structure of professional corporations, management services organizations and risk-bearing entities. Health care law expertise and experience providing legal counsel to a provider organization is required. This position will report directly to the General Counsel of Care Delivery.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Support the General Counsel of Care Delivery in providing legal support to Carelon’s care delivery businesses.
- Assist business leadership with formulating strategies for creating complex business arrangements to support CareMore/Aspire’s growth and innovation efforts.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on legal issues specific to provider organizations including corporate practice of medicine, downstream risk, Stark, Fraud & Abuse, Medicare and Medicaid regulations and guidance and other compliance/liability issues.
- Serve as the legal contact to the “friendly” physician owner and advise on legal issues unique to professional corporations.
- Help the business to focus their efforts based on the legal/regulatory landscape.
- Confer with other Carelon and Elevance Health senior leaders.
- Work on extremely complex and multifaceted problems in which analysis of solutions and/or facts require an evaluation of intangible variables.
- Develop methods, approaches, and evaluation criteria for advising the business on level of risk.
- Manage multiple, high-profile, fast-moving projects in an organized manner, paying close attention to details.
- Requires a JD, current license to practice law, and a minimum of 9 years of specific industry and/or technical legal experience post licensure; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience providing legal counsel to provider organizations is required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experience:
- Experience working in a large, matrixed organization.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.